These additional programs require registration and fee payment upon enrollment.
Before Care: 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. for Primary
Children share breakfast together (provided by parents)
Quiet activities to transition into school day
After Care: 3:15 pm – 6:00 p.m.
Montessori materials and work available
Art materials, games and snack
Outside play or gardening at Tony Brush Park playground or community garden
Elementary After School Enrichment: 3:15 – 6:00 p.m. (for grades 1 – 8)
Programs vary but may include:
- Drama Club
- Art Club
- Instrumental Music Lessons
- Italian and/or Spanish Clubs
- Martial Arts
In addition to the Montessori curriculum, children further develop their minds, bodies and hearts in a wide range of enrichment programs during the school day.
French Language is offered from 4th through 8th grades
Tutoring in Reading is provided in one-on-one or small group settings for students needing additional reading support, based on teacher/tutor formal evaluation.
Physical Education is provided from Kindergarten through adolescence to offer formal introduction to basic skills and team sports.
Social Service / Philanthropy Students learn to care for those around them – from the Little Italy neighborhood to around the world with on-going or yearly projects. Some past projects include:
- Adopt-A-Grandparent: children help elderly home bound parish members in Little Italy with weekly social visits, help with garbage take-out and light yard work. Alta House staff and parents assist the children.
- Abington Arms Senior Community: For more than 10 years, our school has provided outreach to this nearby assisted living senior community, including teaching a jewelry making class, craft and cooking projects, interviews for resident biographies, parties, and our annual Christmas Caroling visit.
- One Love: Child to Child Project: pen pal project with children in India including cultural education and child-led fund raising for Nirvanavan Foundation to support 10 schools in rural India.
- Advent mission: children sold Christmas ornaments to raise money and purchase shoes for children at Hogar Dulce Hogar, a Mexican orphanage supported by Lisa Umina, our book publisher for a previous class project, Remembering D, in honor of a classmate who died of cancer.
- Collaboration with Holy Rosary parish: projects with parish Social Concerns committee. The children also prepare and serve at a monthly children’s liturgy at the Holy Rosary noon mass.